What do you mean by DOMAIN?
Just like your name. every website over the internet has some unique domain. Through which users can access that website from anywhere. They just need to type your website domain and the search engine will take the user to your site.
We have names, but the website has IP addresses. Every website has its unique IP address corresponding to which the domain is registered. It is difficult for a human to remember a series of long digits IP addresses. Therefore, it is easier for a user to just type the domain of the site and the search engine will do the rest.
Why should we need to register a domain?
Every site is registered to some domains like .net, .com, .org, .edu etc. these domains define where your website resides. Therefore, it is important to register your website in the right domain. Every domain has different pricing and there are many vendors who offer to sell different domains. But remember that your site could be on the domain of .com. but at the same time, another site of the same name could exist at .net domain too. Therefore, you have to choose your domain very carefully.
It is also important to note the different nature of the domains. Like if you are registering a website for school or a university. Or some other educational organization. Then you should opt for a domain like .edu. most educational websites reside on the .edu domain.
In the same way, if you are a nonprofit organization. Then you should go to the .org domain. moreover, you want to register a domain for a government website. Then you should follow the .gov domain.
Similarly, there are many different other domains for you to choose from. But first, you should have an idea about the type and nature of the website that you are registering. so, it will save you from any risk.
How to register or buy domain?
There are many Webhosting services online that will register a domain for you. Most of them charge some amount for registering your domain. But there are many other services who provide free domain name registration. However, it is worth noticing that they usually offer those free services for only a year or two. After that, you might have to pay some amount annually.
There are some steps you should follow in order to buy a domain from any vendor
- Choose a reliable domain service provider. That will register your website for the corresponding domain.
- Find the availability of your domain from the domain availability checker tools. This ensures that you choose a unique domain for your site
- Choose the best available option for your site. The domain name should be as simple and direct as possible. Moreover, it should be catchy enough that it resides in the user’s mind.
- Finalize your order and complete the domain registration process as specified by the domain registrar.
- After purchasing the domain, first, verify the ownership of the domain.
To generate a ticket / give suggestion/complaint, please click here.